Postcards


We are swapping postcards at CQI. I haven't actually heard that anyone else is making any, so I may have to post them to myself, but it is meant to be a relaxed 'summer' activity for those on the north of the planet! The red and yellow ones are yet to be completed, but the blue one I posted off to Belinda (the friend who was moving/has moved now, sniff sniff). It went thru the regular mail, and turned up in one piece.
I didn't finish the Cross before she left, so it has gone into OWIP mode (occasional work in progress), and I will get it done by Xmas. We will be going down there then.

7 comments:

Gerry said...

These are very pretty, Jo. I really like the dark color scheme.

BTW, who's in the photo for your profile? Is that you?

Candi said...

Jo those are lovely! I love your colors!
HUGZ:)
Candi

Kate North said...

Jo, if no-one else wants to swap with you, I'd be glad to rehome one of your cards. I can't promise a crazy one in return, but you know I always am happy to make postcards...

Susan said...

Your postcards look great. I've been making one now and then. They are kind of fun, and when I finish a couple of other obligations, I think I may make some more. If I do, I'll send you one. I always put them in an envelope, though. I just don't trust the post office!

meggie said...

I was sent a Fibre Art Postcard from Quilt Pixie in Canada, & it arrived undamaged. I was amazed, & so thrilled.
I love your use of Paua, Jo.
xxx

feistyurchin said...

They are so cool. I especially like the last two - black backgrounds make everything look hot! This postcard making sounds like an activity I might like. Where do I sign up?

Candi said...

Jo, I came back to your tutorial because I'm having such a time with the edges. Mine are sooooo messy, to me it just ruins the postcard. Thanks again, I'm going to try it your way.
hugz:)
Candi