Apple Blossoms block is home

My block arrived home today, completely unexpectedly. It is so gorgeous. These gals outdid themselves with the work on this block. I am always anxious about traditional block RRs. I like my blocks to come home 'done' ( I actually like my blocks to come home , B.G!), and this one is definately that. I have another block going around at the moment that I am feeling a little disheartend about (although there is still people to work on it), but I don't feel that a fair effort has been put in by some stitchers. I tend to only show the end results of work I do on blocks, but there is alot more work goes into a block than the actually stitching, especially themed RRs. I usually spend a fair amount of time looking at images relating to the theme, then I do sketches, and I always stitch on a block for a minimum of 2 hours, usually much more. I don't worry so much about DYBs. People tend to embellish them in their own style, which is a nice reflection of the participants, but I feel it is quite challenging to work on a block with several other people, and do well at amalgamating it all together.
So to cut a long story short, these ladies - Cobi, Bonnie, Gail and Debbie have given me a boost. T
his block will be completed and displayed as a piece of art, because that is what it is. Thank you ladies. Any time you want to do it again...


Below are some closeups. Click on the pics, they will get bigger. At this point I would like to say thank the big guy for Blogger autosave, or this would have all been down the toilet. Whew!!



10 comments:

Hideko Ishida said...

This block is absolutely beautiful!! You are so lucky, for I know it's not always we can get our own block home in such a perfect condition.

Amy Munson said...

what a treasure

Linda said...

Wow Jo. I couldn't even pick a favorite spot on this block. It is just wonderful!!!

Melissa said...

It's just amazing they did such a great job on the block! I especially like the vine that fills the patch with the blue lazy daisy flowers! I'd love to do one like that sometime what stitch are the leaves? Oh and I just noticed the feather stitch seam with SRE and the little bouquet on it oh I love that too...if I keep at this I'll have to comment on every beautiful part! LOL

Susan said...

I love the whole thing finished. I had seen it when Gail worked on it and thought it was lovely, but this is truly beautiful. I, too, like them to come home finished. These gals did a great job of finishing, and of making it stunningly beautiful.

Gerry said...

No wonder you're so tickled to have your block home. It's just stunning! As a whole it's beautiful but the individual photos really show it off nicely.

Gail said...

Jo it was fun to work on your block, and I have to agree with what your were saying about the amount of work others put into the blocks, I have 3 other blocks that returned home only half finished, so there they sit until I can finish them up.
So glad you are pleased with your block.

feistyurchin said...

So gorgeous. The RR concept really does rock hard and these gals have totally been working it.

Anonymous said...

I love the little purple flowers in the first detail picture. Do you know how they are done as I would live to try them out for myself on a project I am contemplating at present.

Jo in NZ said...

Melsine. I have had a look at the flowers. As far as I can tell they are tatted - split rings - then somehow rolled to form a fantastic little rose.
Hope that helps.