It'll be more blue...

You know that friend I told you about, pregnant with twins, desperate for girls, and I couldn't say out loud that it was boys , even though I KNEW it was boys. She had her scan...it's boys.... sometimes it's not great being right.

There is hope mind you, I guess the chances are slimmer with (identical) twins though, of getting it wrong. With my first child, I had three scans and they all( different technichians) said I was having a girl. THREE SCANS, ALL said he was a girl. I didn't want a girl, so I was extremely pleased to see a wee penis pointing at me after finally getting 'her' out, although I was momentarily terrified that I had a hidden twin, and I was going to have to go thru all that again to get the girl out. I say 'all that' like I had terrible labours. Ben was born after two hours. Brooke I woke up with a stomach cramp, and "hello" there is a baby (true, I was lucky it was the middle of the night), and Jon arrived after 20mins of annoying back pain, (another lucky I was at home!).

3 comments:

feistyurchin said...

Do you think you can predict the potential naughtiness of a child by how painful the labour was?

meggie said...

You hear of these 'mythical' labours like that, but you never believe you will 'meet' a real person who has had one!! Good grief Jo, how lucky you were!

My labours were hideous, & long & incredibly painful, but the babies were a joy. My daughter had a much worse labour with her daughter- I wished I could endure it for her! At least, after they warned her that the second would be just as awful, she had her son without forceps or any epidural.

Susan said...

At least she'll have hand-me-downs for them. =) And she'll know what to expect! As much as you can know, anyway.