bags...




These are what I have been working on today. Having the house to myself, I have been able to pretty much just stitch, and finishing the embellishing on these bags has been a good exercise. I think that each bag will take about 3 hours start to finish, and I intend to sell them for about $30 each. If the kids had been around I would of felt that I had put alot more time into them, and that $30 wasn't reasonable compensation, but as it stands, I'm happy all round.
I have kept embellishment fairly simple because a) I don't think full on CQ has a huge market appeal, and b) that would be alot of embellishment. I am trying to portray a feeling of summer fun and freshness. Is it working?
I have another finished, but want a daylight pic, and the black and red one is almost done. I hope to get at least a couple of these sewn up and completed before the tribe return.

I have been conversing with a blogosphere buddy about marketing her wears, so I thought I would give her a plug. Go and check out Stacy's blog Mama's Doodles, and her etsy shop. If you have a little girl who would love a tutu, or a grumpy teen who would grudgingly accept a leather wrist cuff, Stacy is the gal for you.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

OMG, I nearly spilled my cup of coffee! How sweet of you... Could this be my 15 minutes of fame?? :)

Cathi said...

Nearly moved in our new house...still unpacking, but starting to get back into reading and writing blog...

I like your ribbon work...those look so pretty, are they easy to do? I need to start to work soon on my CQ round robin!

Rissa said...

These are all just smashing! I am on a blue kick all of the sudden, so the first one really caught my eye. ;-)