I notice a new crop of readers commenting, so I will explain my thought process as we go along.
The biggest difference, which is subtle, is the extra stitching added to the half cirles up the top. While effective, there was a lot of 'space' in them , and it needed filling. I used a neutral thread to add texture and 'visual weight' only rather than colour. This helped offset the 'visiual weight' of the tatting on the other side.
And below are some close up of other work on the block
This seam is a variation on chain stitch, with a fly stitch and detached chain. A bullion knot lies within each link.
I also added the turquoise beads down this seam just for continuity with the tendrils coming out form the face.
And finally for today, another block started