Back and blogging

I have been so busy the last couple of weeks, I apologise for the neglect, although not a lot crafting wise has been going on.
It is a busy time of year for Playcentre with centre AGMs, and I had a national meeting weekend just gone. I did get some stitching done.

The CQI  group is working on another breast cancer fund raising quilt. The theme this year, cream/white piecing, jewel tone embellishments, butterflies and dragonflies. I had to be very picky about what I took with me, and the colours etc, as I had limited time, and space (which was more the issue!- apparently we are expected to work as well...). No beads to be included on this years quilt as it makes assembling difficult. (so I used a honking great ceramic face. Sorry Debbie)
So here we are so far. There is still some work to do, and I have several small butterflies to randomly  stitch around the block



all the seams have been done in various shades of sassalynne greens, and the rest is obviously ribbon work. I wanted it to look like a vibrant garden. I dyed the butterfly myself. It is the first time I have had any real success at trying to get a decent variety of shades on a motif, and it doesn't look like a dogs breakfast.

I also managed to finish several more pouches last week, the ones I stitched during the holidays . My "Christmas" rush hasn't started yet over at my etsy shop, but I do live in hope.....come do your Christmas shopping people. I will mail directly to the recipient, all gift wrapped, with a card....

Anyway, I digress, here are the pouches.

there was also a lovely "shabby chic" green, with pink roses here, but it sold. I got brave and took EVERYTHING to my conference with me and displayed them, and I got a few sales.


this is my current fave. I just love those faces!

Well that's about it really. I left for my conference on Friday, and Rob bought a new car on Saturday... it really is not a good idea to leave the menfolk unattended with the cheque book.

6 comments:

Rose Anne B said...

OMGG JO I LOVE that cream and green pouch!!! Well I love my MM block too but GREEN speaks to me!!! LOL!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Your MM block is gorgeous - love the butterfly with the face! The pouches are yummy too - especially the cream and green one! I bet it won't last long in your shop!
Hugs,
Kerry

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love the colours on that block and especially your face butterfly. I have a 'thing' for faces lately, so both it and the green one really appeal to me.

qwerty said...

Such beautiful inspiration, as always! Those blue roses are really something - I love seeing blue roses on blocks, even though I've never seen one in real life, lol. For some reason they always give a nice 'spark'.

Unknown said...

Your flowers are sooooo nice!

Bear said...

Hi Jo
wowee love those pouches girlfriend they are beautiful and I adore your making memories block as well you certainly are making lots of pretty !
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo