Seams #10 - #15

 I have been working on the Blue CQ...and not on the things I should be working on, like ornies and gifts etc. But hey, there is still 12 days until Christmas....

So here are some more seams...
Seam #10
 
seam #11

 
seam #12

 
seam #13

 
seam #14

 
seam #15

 
top R) quadrant progress
Poor seam #14 needs something extra, but I don't know what yet. The whole piece definitely needs some "lightness" as well, to lift the seams, but we'll worry about that later. It needs another good iron to. While the shirt interfacing was good to use, the fabric is lifting in some places, giving that puckered look, which I don't like at all, but it is such a big piece, it take s a great deal of manouvering during stitching.
Saturday here, and we're off to a Barbie. Have a good one.

8 comments:

Gina said...

You may have mentioned this elsewhere but I haven't found it yet. What kind of threads are you using for this? I'm a newbie in terms of CQ. I can't tell if you are using a heavier single thread or strands of embroidery floss.

Debra Dixon said...

Wonderful movement with the line of seams!

Gerry Krueger said...

I'm voting for #10 and #15. I know it's not a contest but they are my favorites.... My SS sent me lots of perle cottons and I am going to start using them in 2009...
Gerry K.
http://olderrose.blogspot.com

Jo in NZ said...

Gina, I am using Sassa Lynne hand dyed threads for this quilt. They are mercenised cotton. The size is equal to perle 5 and perle 8 cottons.
My preference is perle cottons/silks for stitching, rather than stranded cottons.

Anonymous said...

beautiful. i am always impressed by your stitches

Anonymous said...

Love the seams, especially seam #11. #14 needs beads! LOL!

Ati said...

Great seams Jo, I like the orange fan/fly seam!

Anonymous said...

I like the flowing line of your seams. The block looks similar to a drunkard's path, one of my favorites.