"HOLY PENTAX BAT GIRL!!"

Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy. Did you ever watch that inane programme , Ren and Stimpy? I had an ex boyfriend (whom shall never be mentioned again on this blog, because if you don't acknowledge it , it never happened- right?) who watched it, and thought it was funny. I did not think it was funny, but I used to say that about sponge bob, and I freaking love that little guy, anyway, that's why i know the 'happy joy' song. Why am I so delariously, incoherently happy? Because I got my camera back!! Happy happy joy. Not my camera I might add, a replacement because they couldn't fix the other. I rang again today for a 'progress' report, and got a little bit shirty, and got a phone call back within 15 minutes to tell me that I could come and get a replacement.
And just to ease you back into it, the first photo is crap!! Oh well, I just wanted to give you an overall of my tree spirit.

I did a creativity course a few years ago, just a one dayer, nothing major, but at one point we had to close our eyes and try an focus on something that played a significant roll in our childhood,that made us feel happy an safe, then we had to draw it. I drew a tree, and so did several other people ( 98% women). Amazing how many people have an affinity with trees. Of course these days trees have been "OSHed" right out of childrens lives, but I spent many hours up the top of a tree. I have actually finished the doll now, but I wll get nice daylight pics tomrrow...yes I have added even more than this!...

Above is a wee ceramic bird charm that Hideko sent me last year. Perfect for a tree. Below is a pic of the back...so far.


8 comments:

Gerry said...

Jo, this turned out to be so cool. When you first posted 'the tree' it looked pretty odd. I was wondering what you would do with it. And WOW, look at it NOW! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Jo, I absolutely love this doll! How unique and what a pretty face!

I too spent alot of time in a tree when I was younger. We'd get on my mom's nerves and she'd tell us to go outside and play. My sister and I would grab books and then climb up into our apple tree and sit up there and read for hours.

Anyway, I love your doll! I can't wait to make one. I'm thinking of a cat for mine!

Hugs,

Pam
Kitty & Me

Anonymous said...

P.S. I forgot about the part where my mom would actually lock the door so we couldn't run in and out. The funny thing is, now she calls me 10 times a day!

Pam

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Jo, it is beautiful. I never would have believed it from what you had to start with, but then that's what you do! Love it!!

Dy said...

Oh wow, Jo your tree spirit is sensational. Love it!
PS, I got my moulds in the post yesterday, how exciting!! Thank you for the inspiration.

Susan said...

What a wonderful doll! Aren't children allowed to climb trees any more? I climbed them until I got to old to bounce if I fell out - about 10 years ago. =) And big piles of rocks, too! How said if children are discouraged from tree climbing! There's nothing like being in the top, where no one can see you. Well, you know!

meggie said...

Fantastic! Bet the Whanau are more impressed now!

Hideko Ishida said...

I am very glad to see my blue bird is singing very happily on your spirit of tree doll. Fantastic!!