Tradewinds DYB
























Here is the latest block finish for the CQI Tradewinds RR. Cheryl had asked for several things that she associated with NZ. The last bit I added was the mountains, coming up out of pohutukawa clad bush (forest). I am thinking that there will be a bit more on this block, although it is officially finished. I will see how time permits between now and P-Day (Post).
The bush is all french knots which I whiled away the afternoon with Dr Phil while doing. I love french knots, they are a great, mindless task that I see great results from quickly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mountains are so realistic and I love all the french knots! French and colonial knots are favorites of mine because they can be so many things.

Anonymous said...

Jo, this is just lovely. Are the buttons abaloni?

Anonymous said...

Jo, this is just lovely. Are the buttons abaloni?

Grangry said...

Jo, these are gorgeous!

Susan said...

I just love the mountains. They look wonderful, as do the bushes. You come up with some of the most interesting ideas.

Jo in NZ said...

Gerry, the buttons are abalone..but we call it paua (pawa). I thnk it is particular abalone that we get here in NZ.

Anita said...

Wow, absolute beautiful and stunning!