busy busy busy

Here is my progress on this block. I've pretty much decided that this is going to be a bag..FOR ME!! Unless someone wants to offer an horrendeous amount of money for it.
This is a closeup shot of the seam treatment on the bottom right. This is the same lace but mirrored when sewing down. I added fargo roses in each 'square'. I still need to add a few more beads, and some greenery to, I think.
This is Geminista's block in the RR. Her directive for this block was natural. Natural fibres, natural colours. I adda the round wooden bead, the herringbone seam treatment in a chocolate brown silk thread ( and a few faux pearls , but she said this was ok). There is also some seed stitch in ecru around the bead, but the pic doesn't show it. I also did the brown lazy daisy on the lace trim at the bottom.
Now these little numbers just may be the naffest CQ item you have ever seen. They are fridge magnets. We - the Playcentre mothers- are having a girls night out on Saturday ( the last one we were asked to "quieten down" WTF!!) and we decided that everyone would bring a wee gift to go in a basket , and everyone would pick one. I wanted to make something, but not knowing who might get my gift, it was hard to know what to make, so fridge magnets. You can never have enough fridge magnets. the drawing is on a post-it, so that gives you and idea of the size. They each took about half an hour to do, and I glued a magnet on the back. They are very pretty to look at, Rob suggested they could be brooches.
The picture is one Ben did a few years ago of him walking his dog.

6 comments:

Calidore said...

Lovely work on all your projects Jo. I really like the fridge magnets - what a great idea. Ohh and Ben's picture is a masterpeice.

Maureen said...

You can send a frig magnet my way,if they're too naff for your friends :-)

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so wonderful! I love the black lace mirrored with the Fargo roses. Earlier today I was trying to thing of what those rose are called, so thanks for the answer!

Digitalgran said...

This block will make a lovely bag and the fridge magnets are a great idea. I was looking at some magnets at the sale in Abakhan today and left them there, because I wondered what I could use them for.

Cat said...

Lovely crazies, from intense colors to pastels! And I have got to try my hand at those cool fridge magnets!

Cathi said...

Thanks for the message on my blog! I'd LOVE some help in the world of crazy quilting! You do such wonderful work! Love the CQ blocks, hearts, bags, these cute fridge magnets...took a look at most of your archives...

We seem to have a lot in common, including young children, and self-designed tattoos with meaningful symbols on our ankles, LOL!

I tried to reply to your email, but no luck, so if you could reply to this and include your email, I'd love to ask some basic questions, like what books and websites are good references, etc etc!

Have fun on your girls night out! We had one with our mother and toddlers group a few weeks ago as well! I have incriminating photos to prove it, moms can get crazy when they get a chance to get away from the kids!