A free day


I found myself with an entire free day today. I thought I had a meeting, but that was last week (and I was there!!) and yes, I could of gone shopping, but heck, that's boring. So I stayed home. Did a little work (pd by the hour) and some stitching.
 
I found these great little motifs I could rescue from a scrap of tatting. I saw them and though "flowers". I was going to , and even started , doing the embroidery in the same colour as the tatting. I think I will do that next time. The leaves I took the leap and did satin stitch. I avoid that like the plague usually. You have to be so precise....I am happy with the way it came out though.
I had  a meeting last night, so I took my box of goodies and set everything up (etsy inventory). I meant to get a photo. That was a bit of an intimidating experience. I have really had to take a deep breath and start selling myself. I don't mind online stuff. I have time to think about what I am going to say. I don't have to look you in the eye, and pretend I am confident. I am getting better at it. But I figure if people don't actually know what I do, well, they can't buy anything can they. No sales, but hopefully I have planted a seed and people will think of me in the future. 

7 comments:

qwerty said...

That's really lovely. The 'sparseness' - simplicity, maybe is a better word - is awesome. Your satin stitching is wonderful. You're right that it's such a difficult stitch!

Congrats on showing your pieces at the meeting. I can relate to the difficulty of marketing oneself, so well done you!

Anonymous said...

That turned out so lovely!!! Your Satin stitch turned out great! Glad you had a free day of stitching:)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can SO relate to your feelings about marketing your work personally. I avoid that like the plague. I have a horror of speech making (stemming from those AWFUL speeches we had to do in grade school!) and anything that requires me to be in front of people is terrifying. I also have a hard time believing that anybody would actually be interested in looking at my work. Funny how we have these ideas about ourselves.

Jane said...

This is beautiful and I love the leaves. Satin stitch is my favourite. I too can understand about facing people, my boys usually do it for me

black bear cabin said...

The flower is lovely! and im sure your new pieces will do well on etsy! we are our own worst critiques!

Pat said...

I just found your blog...you do LOVELY work! I'll be returning from time to time to "visit." pat

Kathy Raker said...

The tatting used as a flower really sets off your embroidered leaves. Very pretty!