post traumatic quilt disorder

Well, I am feeling a little lost. No looming deadline, no quilt to finish, no quilt at all in fact. Mum took it today and will hand it in on Saturday. I won't see it again for 2 months. I sent the blue bag along too. That one had a price tag on it. 

Oh, the name by the way:     3rd Generation - Gone "Crazy" 
My little blurb was basically what I wrote in my last post, but with mum and nana's names.
So, what have I been doing? Mulling over a new project, which is changing daily, but I feel that is a good thing. I couple of months to stew and simmer, concentrate those ideas (I have been reading about Allies bottling escapades) and really think about what I want to achieve.

I have a few obligations to meet. A handmade gift for a swap. Another block swap. Xmas ornie time, so plenty to keep me going. Below is a postcard I finished up.

 I have been tripping down memory lane the last day or so. A name from my past popped up in the comments section ( I guess they may read this, so *hi*).  Surprisingly, to myself, I am not bitter (I am great at being bitter, lol, although less so as I get older), and I really thought I would cross the street to avoid this person. But hey, 12 years is a long time, we move on. My life is good. As far as I know, their life is good, what is there to be bitter about. It was, however,  a  reminder that the WWW world is now a very small place...

4 comments:

Marie Alton said...

Ha...I know that feeling! Once I finish a huge project...feels like I've been sucked into a vacuum ... drained of all creative energy ... waiting for the next inspiration!

Somehow it always comes though ... and before ya know it...off and running again!

Relax Jo ... enjoy the breather!
Hugs...Marie

allie aller said...

I call it Post Partum Depression, after a major project is done. I have to get busy right away!

Those "bottling" escapades of mine continue... ;-) ....going to try oven drying tomatoes and storing them in olive oil....if you only knew how unlike me all this kitchen work is!!!

Can't wait for your next project, Jo...

Unknown said...

AHHHH ha HA ha HA ha!!! I LOVE your post title! That is GREAT. I think I'm going to borrow that sometime...for tatting! LOL!

Diane said...

What an elegant postcard. Doing all the stiching in black was a wonderful idea.

As for your PTQD? You identified the reason for it. Next is to accept it. It happens to a lot of us, and is temporary, thank heavens.

Next step is to eat some chocolate - that is always helpful ;-) and before you know it, you'll be happily engrossed in the next project.

Congratulations on completing your quilt. It is a beautiful piece of fiber art. Hugs, Diane