Scintillating Saturday...for want of a snappier title....

Here is Black block #13 completed. I need to go and whip a few more up.....
..a detail shot of my 'lavendar', although it looks a little more like wheat!
My fellow kiwi blogger, Alison at Small Things, and I decided to do an ornie swap this christmas, and here is what she made for me. I love it. Thanks Alison. It has adorned the tree over the festive season.
And finally some books. Hideko sent me the Christina Dabbs book, she is such a wonderfully generous woman. Last year I got Crochet books and hooks (still haven't managed to master that one), and this year this wonderful book. It is full of seam treatments and motifs, some of which I have already utilised for the Black CQ.
The second book I got for myself, and, although I have only had a quick flick, it appears to be a very useful, and easy to understand resource. Lots of clear pics and explanations. Very pleased with it so far. If you are interested in SRE, I would recommend this one, or she had a previous one, but for a beginner, I would think this one would be fine too. I got my copy from Fishpond, and I thought the price was good...

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it Jo! I instantly recognized the lavender! I love lavender too, one of the plants I love in my garden!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Jo, your stitching is so nice. Wish I could stitch like that!!! Very, very nice.. Debbie rquirion@roadrunner.com

Pam Kellogg said...

Jo, as always, when I'm looking at your stitched pieces, I'm drooling on my keyboard! Gorgeous seam treatments.

Charlene said...

I believe this must be my favorite block you've ever done. It reminds me of jewels...such delightful stitching. Love, love, love it!!

Kate said...

Very pretty, love the lavender.

Violette Severin said...

I love the lavender embroidery. While the pattern may look like wheat, you would never know it when purple thread is used.

Marty52 said...

Freaking gorgeous... as always!