Scintillating Saturday...for want of a snappier title....

Here is Black block #13 completed. I need to go and whip a few more up.....
..a detail shot of my 'lavendar', although it looks a little more like wheat!
My fellow kiwi blogger, Alison at Small Things, and I decided to do an ornie swap this christmas, and here is what she made for me. I love it. Thanks Alison. It has adorned the tree over the festive season.
And finally some books. Hideko sent me the Christina Dabbs book, she is such a wonderfully generous woman. Last year I got Crochet books and hooks (still haven't managed to master that one), and this year this wonderful book. It is full of seam treatments and motifs, some of which I have already utilised for the Black CQ.
The second book I got for myself, and, although I have only had a quick flick, it appears to be a very useful, and easy to understand resource. Lots of clear pics and explanations. Very pleased with it so far. If you are interested in SRE, I would recommend this one, or she had a previous one, but for a beginner, I would think this one would be fine too. I got my copy from Fishpond, and I thought the price was good...

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it Jo! I instantly recognized the lavender! I love lavender too, one of the plants I love in my garden!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Jo, your stitching is so nice. Wish I could stitch like that!!! Very, very nice.. Debbie rquirion@roadrunner.com

Pamela Kellogg said...

Jo, as always, when I'm looking at your stitched pieces, I'm drooling on my keyboard! Gorgeous seam treatments.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I believe this must be my favorite block you've ever done. It reminds me of jewels...such delightful stitching. Love, love, love it!!

Kate said...

Very pretty, love the lavender.

Anonymous said...

I love the lavender embroidery. While the pattern may look like wheat, you would never know it when purple thread is used.

Marty52 said...

Freaking gorgeous... as always!