Black CQ - block #8 progress




Progress on block #8 so far. I have started block #9, because I got stuck with what to add to the green patch (sorry the light has hit it badly, but it is a lovely green silk). But that problem is in the past. This is my 'critter' block. Critters are fun, I must find some more.
The drogonfly was made with Bullion stitch for the body, with one of the Sassa Lynne threads (I can find the thread number if anyone is interested), and a lovely silk for the wings. I used a random buttonhole stitch for the wings.
The snail, again Sassa Lynne. Cast-on stitch for the shell, and double cast-on for the body.

A quick thank you to Emiko (Japan) , Pam (US) , Belle (Aussie) for the black Fabrics. Your generosity is appreciated. Hugs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo. Just lurking on the pc tonight. I absolutely LOVE your snail and the dragonfly. They're real cuties. Keep up the hard work. Brenda

emiko said...

Jo, I just noticed my name on your post. Glad it arrived safe and sound, I was wondering if it got lost in the mail.