Tradewinds and Lily's block

I have finished work on the last block in this DYB RR! This RR has been so much fun, but not without it's challenge's... This block, along with 5 others are going to be heading back to Leslie soon. Leslie pieced her blocks with curves and I tried to accentuate those curves. The colours are a little off in this pic, the very dark patches are actually deep red. I'm not feeling that gold trim, so they may be a little more done to that...watch this space.

And below is the work on Lily's block to date. This is not a great pic either...a bit bright, but I am happy with the progress I have made so far. There is alot that you can't see in this block (in the pic). It is a big area to fill, but I have plenty of ribbons, trim and lace, and fill it I will! Again it is that 'colour' challenge for me, and I don't use white often either, but the white seems to tie the block together .

5 comments:

Gerry said...

BRAVO! As always, a feast for the eyes.

SMA said...

Wonderful!! I was curios about the colors but now I am impress ! BRAVO!

meggie said...

Watching with interest. You took the heart off the deep red?? And the dragonfly...
I know you are showcasing Lily's wonderful wares, but I am sure she wouldnt mind you dyeing some of them.
That sounds wrong- I dont mean the white isnt nice, just the I would like to see your 'innovations'. A very clever & talented Kiwi, you!!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Lovely work as usual, Jo!

feistyurchin said...

So beautiful! Your pieces are always so gorgeous. I admire your patience :)