Paisley 'bauble' bag swap








Does it appear to you, my loyal readers ( I feel so important) that I am always starting things, but never finishing . I feel like that.

Well, here is the next project. It is a 'bauble' bag, for a swap over a CQforNewbies. Not a hundy what a bauble bag is, but this will be one!! And once it is one, I will have to get me some baubles to put in it. The criteria for this bag was that it must include paisley, which, in a *small* oversight, I forgot for the first block I made, so I am practising embroidering paisley motifs. This is one, long block, it will be folded in half, stitched up, add a drawstring, and there you go. Sounds good in theory....
I am KISSing this bag (keeping it Simple S%^&*#) . Just basic seam treatments and a few beads. I have used some of Sharon Bs 100 details for this piece. There is the buttonhole with grapes, and up and down buttonhole in a feather stitch form (loving that stitch), and other base stitches. It is looking very nice.

Here is a piccie of the other , paisley-less block. Brace yourself, its loud! I don't know what i'm going to embellish it with. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I love it!