Block completed


I don't do white! I have a complete aversion to white. You will find white on maybe two of my hearts, but thats it. So, the problem. Maureen wanted the hearts on white. ARRghh. Because I don't do white, I don't have white., and I just couldn't put my heart on white. There is no white in it, it wouldn't go. So, Maureen and I reached a compromise. I could go light.
Now, it did actually end up on white , this awful satinny stuff that frayed like a bi-ach, but I overlayed it with this lovely cream , sheer fabric with the gold metalic leaves on it. It is not a good piccie,I've tried to highlight the background , so the rest looks crappy now. I also put a little stitching in there to make it appear pieced. Just have a wee bit more to do on the block, but I had to finish this. Not having appliqued before, I was avoiding it big time. I used a feather stitch around the heart, which has softed the edges nicely.

Now , checking my stats, I have a reader from Turkey and a reader from Switzerland. Please leave a comment ladies, I would love to 'meet' you.

6 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Hello Jo. I hope you feel better soon and a very happy birthday to Ben.
I like your block on white, the bit of creamy white lace brings it all together.

Jacqui said...

Is this heart for Jan? It looks lovely but she will not like it so you should send it to me immediately ;) - I want it, ... might teach me how to do SRE :) How was your son's birthday? Hope you are feeling better XXX

Julia said...

Looks great Jo!.
Hope Ben had a great bitthday...

Maureen said...

Jacqui...
Join the queue!!
Don't go upsetting Jo's rhythm>
Happy Birthday Ben...........I hoped Mum & dad spoilt you rotten!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo. Thanks for checking on me, i am still here and will be back to blogging this weekend. I love the block even if you are not really into white it looks great.

Lil said...

I am so curious! how do you check your stats?