No hearts today...













It is my best mates birthday soon, and she always gets me and the kids great gifts, and I get her, well.....sweet FA, so, I'm going to make her something funky and functional, that I know she will use everyday, a CQ tobacco pouch! Here is the pouch pieced, and a couple of shots of it folded into the pouch. I will do stitching on this, but as it is a high use item, I don't think I'll put any dangles.
Because this is for my bestest friend, I have incorporated some of the goodies I have recieved from my cyber friends. The patterend fabric is from Maureen, and the tatted ring is from Linda. I'm liking the colours on this. I hope Julz does too.


And this is what I have achieved with tatting today. Two rings, AND a chain. Still figuring this out. You obviously have to get the thread the right way, but I'm getting there. I just want to be able to make simple little motifs. I need a longer needle tho I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pouch looks great so far, can't wait to see it finished!!!!! I tried tatting one time, totally give up on that and decided that is one craft I will not try again.

momwith3kids said...

You have inspired me to tat. I spent all last night researching. All today, I have thrown out thread. Maybe tomorrow, I will actually get somewhere.